Three Amazing Things About You by Jill MansellMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Three Amazing Things About This Book - heartwarming, amusing, believable.
And that really doesn't do this book justice. From the opening pages I was hooked and as I read on I was pulled into a world of strong yet sensitive women. To be precise, three women, with very different lives though each would like to be happy, healthy and in love.
Hallie writes an advise column but as we learn in the first pages she also has cystic fibrosis and her life is on borrowed time.
Tasha is a make-up artist and meets the love of her life in very unusual and amusing circumstances.
Flo finds herself in a very peculiar situation, being the guardian for a cat; but as that situation brings her love, it's win-win.
None of these women know each other but as the story progresses and we get to know them individually, it becomes clear that their lives are destined to intertwine.
Jill Mansell has done as excellent job with this book, all the characters are lively and realistic, even the less than nice ones! And the story flows together beautifully, if somewhat sadly in parts. Although there are some very amusing scenarios that had me laughing aloud and lots of romance which I inwardly urged along, when it came to the really serious stuff, Jill Mansell has dealt with it in a perfectly serious, respectable, yet poignant way; with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes I read and thought that she has done the subject justice. I don't want to spoil anything so I am reluctant to say what exactly happens but as chance would have it, I have recently had a removed experience of this and it is a hard subject to talk about let alone write about so subjectively, so massive credit to Jill for that.
Fortunately, there are plenty of happy events and lots to laugh at in this wonderful book. It is a book that will engage you immediately, one in which you can immerse yourself for a while and feel like you too have had a happy experience. I just loved everything about it, it's the perfect pick-me-up, feel-good read.
Thanks to Netgalley and Headline for the ARC of this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment